The Bake With Paris - The Perfect Pear of Roses
Welcome back to the bake!
For this installment, I have a bake that’s high on my list of faves. A pear rose tart. It’s spiced pear wrapped into a pastry and my 5-minute caramel to form a beautiful rose dessert.
It takes almost no time to make and has only a few ingredients.
The inspiration for this bake was several different posts on social media. I saw an apple rose pie, apple rose tarts, and even apple rose cupcakes.
So I decided to add some spice and use pears.
The light cinnamon flavor with the luscious caramel and sweet pair was the perfect combo.
And the best part is that it was super easy to make! I did cheat and use store-bought puff pastry, but it was still fantastic.
So if you want a classy looking, easy dessert try this recipe. You won’t be disappointed!
1 pack pre-made puff pastry
4 pears of your choice
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp flour
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 egg (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add softened butter, sugars, corn syrup, and stir. Microwave for 4 minutes in 30-second intervals. Set aside.
3. Peel pears and slice as thin as possible. Add spices, vanilla, and flour. Stir and set aside.
4. Cut puff pastry into thin strips and stretch gently. Spread caramel onto the pastry and start to layer pear slices. Lay the slices flat, slightly overlapping each slice. Roll up (just like a cinnamon roll) and set on a prepared baking sheet or buttered muffin tin.
5. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Please support The Community Times by subscribing today!