The Bake-Chorizo Bread Pudding
The summer is coming, so it’s only appropriate to welcome all back to The Bake! Today’s bake is a simple breakfast favorite of mine – chorizo and cheese bread pudding.
I know that usually, people associate bread pudding with being sweet, but I wanted to do something different and delicious.
These chorizo bread puddings are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast.
You can make them ahead of time and throw them in the fridge.
Then once morning comes, microwave them for a stress-free breakfast. You can customize these by adding whatever toppings you like or replacing one cheese for another.
It’s all up to you! I’m sure that whatever way you make them, they’ll be delicious!
1 ½ cup ground chorizo
¼ red bell pepper, diced
¼ yellow pepper, diced
¼ green bell pepper, diced
½ cup mushrooms, diced
½ cup yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Oaxaca cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup brioche bread, diced
2 cups milk
1 tsp thyme
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Butter or spray a muffin tin.
3. In a medium skillet, add olive oil and onions. Season with salt and pepper and cook until onions turn translucent. Then add peppers and mushrooms and cook until they turn soft. Add chorizo to the pan with thyme and garlic and cook until brown and there are no pink spots left. Remove from pan and cool completely.
4. In a separate bowl, mix milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and both kinds of cheese.
5. Gently mix bread, chorizo, and milk mixture in a small bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
6. Put mixture into prepared muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Please support The Community Times by subscribing today!